Instead of trying to fit exercising into your schedule why not allow your schedule to fit in some exercise. There are so many opportunities each day to exercise, but many of us still choose not to take them. Here are just a few ideas:
- Take the stairs rather than an elevator or escalator
- Park at the back of parking lots and enjoy the walk to and from the building
- Avoid email when asking co-workers questions, instead get up from your desk and walk to theirs to ask them your question
- Use the time on long commutes for some crunches, hold in your abs for the count of ten and then release and repeat
- Wash your car by hand rather than going through a car wash
Can you think of any that I have missed? What unique ways do you allow fitness and exercise to be a part of your life?