Well I am not going to give away my age but if anyone asks I am 39, but I will say this year I have probably finally learned the most valuable information thus far. This information is not rocket science and has been at my finger tips for years and years, I just chose to ignore it. But by me ignoring it I have made myself continuously miserable and that has been the most unfortunate part. Today I want to share what I have learned and would love your comments.
1. Money does not make you happy. The most recent quote that I read from Jim Carrey sums it up. “I think everyone should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.”
2. Working for a living is something that we have to do. We work to earn an income in order to feed, clothe and shelter ourselves. Living in order to “WORK” is not the answer. Some of you workaholics will understand this. If you do not now, you will. What are you living for? To get up every morning in order to get yourself back “at it?” No that is not the answer.
3. Time flies, so don’t waste it on small insignificant , in the grand scheme of things, problems. How may times have you worried, stressed complained about things and a year or so later you look back and realize that that problem was so insignificant and was not worth all of the trouble you made it into. Time goes by so quickly it is frightening. You see yourself at 20 and 2 minutes later you look in the mirror and you have wrinkles and grey hair. Don’t waste your time on things that truly don’t matter.
4. Friends, companionship, relationships. That’s what matters. Making time to be with people you love and cherish. I think back over my life thus far and some of my best memories are just spending time with people. Listening to them, conversing, hearing their stories. It is truly one of the greatest gifts I have been given.
5. Don’t wait to follow your dreams. Life is too short, if you have a bucket list start completing it. If you don’t have a bucket list; make one. Don’t be afraid and if you are afraid do it anyways. There is no sense living in fear. Fear is the enemy. I have a new quote on my phone so that I can see if every time I open my phone. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is ON THE other side of FEAR.” George Addair.
The 5 things I have learned this year, I have to practice every day. I encourage you to practice them with me. If you already know these things, kudos to you. Please share your comments and I look forward to hearing your story.