Exercise is good for everyone no matter your age, physical health or lifestyle. Having a regular exercise program incorporated into your lifestyle will boost your energy and change the way you feel about everything in your life.
The biggest questions asked by so many are:
- How do I get started?
- How do I find the time?
- How can I afford to exercise?
- Am I not too [insert excuse here – old, out of shape, sick, busy, etc.] to be able to properly benefit from an exercise program?
Now is the time to stop the excuses – stop asking the questions and just start doing. Simply keeping active is the key to any good exercise program. It doesn’t have to be an intense work out or involve paying for a membership, but whatever you choose for your form of exercise the important thing to remember is just do it.
If you purposely look for ways you can be more active in your life it won’t be hard to find little changes you can make towards getting active.
- Instead of watching TV as a family, go for a hike
- Instead of socializing with the girls in the lunchroom at work, eat your lunch and socialize outside as you take a walk together
- Make walking your choice rather than driving when the destination is close by
- Choose hobbies that incorporate fitness and being active
There are so many health benefits to regular exercise and getting your body moving. Exercise can help you sleep better, it definitely relieves stress, lowers joint pain, builds muscles and it will help improve your overall health so you live longer. By keeping active, you also lower your risk of serious illnesses such as heart attack and stroke.
Many of us fool ourselves into believing we are active but just going to work or doing housework on a daily basis is not exercise. Exercise is working your heart, and using those stiff muscles and joints.
Get going and start exercising for your health and well-being. Find a program that you like and stay with it; you’ll feel better, look better and live longer.