This summer I have been speaking with a lot of women about money and how it tends to affect everything around them. Women in business can have so many pressures and if making money and keeping money is one of them; then finding and being at peace with where you are at is imperative.
So how do you find peace when you are just starting out or if your business is in a down cycle? Well here are a few tips that I use and I will be honest you need to be faithful with these tips because the old mind can run away with many negative thoughts. So let’s begin being at peace with your money situation:
1. Wake up every day and be thankful. Gratitude in the morning is the jump start your mind needs in order to start the day successfully. Be thankful for everything you have.
2. Review your budget weekly, stick to it. Falling off the wagon will only hurt your peace level, staying on track will gave you a great feeling of self-satisfaction.
3. Stay positive. Network. Go out to coffee with business partners or other women who are in business for themselves. It will motivate you, give you new ideas and maybe even lead to new business.
4. Have an accountability partner. I meet on the phone every Friday with my partner. We review what we did for the past week. Decide what we will do for the next week and just keep each other positive. It is imperative. If you are a sole proprietor it can get lonely with an accountability partner you always have someone to bounce ideas off of.
5. Keep notes, journal write down what you want where you are going map out a plan. I was just going through some notes I made last year at this time and I was amazed at all the things I had accomplished from my goal list last year. It also reminded me of the things that I need to keep working on.
When your cash flow isn’t quite where you want it to be the best thing you can do is get out, meet with others, stay positive and keep your budget in line. Believe me we have all been there and staying positive is the best way to stay at “Peace”.